Friday, March 23, 2007

Food is not love, but it sure does feel like it.

Yesterday after work, me and my colleagues went to have dinner at The Chart House, a great seafood restaurant with a beautiful view of the Potomac River, right in Old town Alexandria. The restaurant is a 5 minute walk from work. One of our directors was in town and decided we'd all go out to converse and chat and have some grub. Two of our tech support employees from Redmond and Baltimore were here as well, so it was a chance to get to meet them face to face considering we engage in only online conversations. So let's get to the food, which by the way I love. I'm sure I've mentioned how much I love food (and I'm sure you can tell by the way I look, hah!)I had the macadamia crusted Mahi-mahi - delish! I must've chugged down about three Yuenglings. Dessert was fantastic as well. We all ordered this Molten Lava Cake which you preorder 30 minutes in advance. It's an ice cream, chocolate, heath bar creation - scrumptious as well! It was easily a $500.00 tab, although I feel it was probably alot more than that. Our company paid for everything which was really nice. This was the first time I had actually gone out with a group of people from work to dinner. There had been lunches with a co-worker before, but nothing of this magnitude. I loved it. If it's one thing I love to spend money on, it's fantastic restaurants. Restaurant week in DC is one of my favorite things. It happens twice a year, in January and August. Nice expensive restaurants participate for one week in a promotion to attract crowds. During lunch, you pay about $20.00 for a three course meal and at nights, $30.00 will get you a gorgeous 3 course dinner. The food is amazing and usually the presentation is unbelievable. We've been twice to restaurant week, once last year to this restaurant called Ardeo(which had the best crab and avocado salad), and this year to Butterfield 9. Both excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home