Friday, January 27, 2006

Danny in DC

My friend Danny was here last weekend. We spent a good three days having fun and partying DC-style. On Thursday, I picked him up from the airport in Baltimore and took the metro home. That evening, we took him to eat at this restaurant in Adams Morgan called Meze' It was really good French/Mediterranean tapas and entrees. I think he enjoyed the neighborhood. I can't say we don't live in a nice place...I mean there's access to everything here: bars, restaurants, shopping, parks, etc. Afterwards, we had to take advantage of the $10 cover at Hush, (all you can drink baby) from 8-10pm. We were home pretty early, but we had shitloads of fun. I wish Hush had more of a crowd..the place is really cool. www.hushdc.com

Friday night we went to this gay club called Cobalt. I'd been there once before on a Friday night and it was cool. The place has two floors. The lower level is a non smoking bar and lounge. We stayed mostly upstairs in the dance club area. We went over to get a drink as soon as we got there and we each had the $5 redbull and vodka specials. We paid with a twenty, the guy gives us each $15 back and we move away. Later, we come back and order two beers, none of us had anything else than a 5 and a 10 dollar bill, so we hadnt tipped yet. After giving us our beers (which were $5 by the way), the cocky asshole, yet very nice bodied bartender asks us "so where you guys from?" and we're like "I'm from here and my friend is from TX". The asshole goes on to say "we tip here you know". OMG, the look on Danny's face was priceless...he was fucking PO'd. I go on to have the nerve to ask him for a light for my cigarette and the asshole says "no!" and walks away. We moved to the other side of the bar and asked the other bartender for a light, and sure enough, he gives us the free matches.

OK I'm kinda pissed now and I dont even know why. Why are people so absurd like that? Can't anyone be pleasant and easy going. Can't we all get along? Can't we all have nice bodies? Um, I mean the point is...love is the most important thing.

Anyway, back to Danny. Saturday I took him to see all the monuments and museums and all that DC tourist crap. We got to see the Warhol Exhibit at the Corcoran as well....the gallery was really cool. Lili and Jenny joined us and they got to meet Danny. Saturday night we went out to the most ghetto, most sketchy, most gross bar in DC...FUEGO! Yuck. If I wanted to go see greasy, ugly, gay salvadoreans and peruvians dance, I'd go to..um I dont know where Id go but I will never go there again. Sunday Danny left back home. It was a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally with the bartender. The guy cut you guys a deal on the drinks and you didn't tip? Why not?

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home