Friday, December 16, 2005

TGIF

It's been such a crazy week! Planning everything from Christmas gifts, to work related issues, to Luis' party, to Luis' sister arriving. I am looking forward to going home and seeing my family and friends, and spending time getting away from it all....the busy DC life, my work, keeping up with the apartment cleaning, bills, payments, etc. But, I'm here at work today anticipating the company Christmas party. We'll probably be leaving in about 2 hours to this place called Mango Mikes, a caribbean restaurant/bar. I hear there's gonna be good food and drinks. I am craving a good cocktail right about now..and its only 10:30AM, LOL. I think I'm excited also because we just received our bonus and all I can say is CHA CHING! I don't think I had ever been given a bonus in any other job Ive had...then again, I had never worked in this kind of business/atmosphere. Even though this place is a non profit organization, there's a very professional atmosphere and it is more business oriented than anything else I'd ever done before.

Luis' party is this Saturday. Tonight I'm gonna start making the food that will be refrigerated, as well as the two pumpkin cheesecakes. We spent over 200 bucks last night at Giant just buying the party food. I am making appetizers, eclusively. A short list of the items:

curried salmon sandwiches
shrimp & bacon bites
caramelized onion tartlets
spinach stuffed mushrooms
poblano & artichoke feta dip
glazed meatballs
walnut covered cheeseballs
and more........

Anyway, I should get back to work. We're gonna head to the party in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home