Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Love in times of Drag Queens

Luis and I recently went to see his friend and co-worker perform his drag show at Remington's. He was really good, and funny. I hadn't been to a gay bar in a while. I've had conversations with people about not really liking gay clubs/bars anymore. Maybe it's because I'm not single anymore. I'm in a loving relationship and serious about it. I don't see the point in going anymore unless it's for dancing. It's different when Danny was here visiting. I had to take him out so that he could have fun, and check out the DC boys (which some, don't get me wrong, are hot). But, Luis and I never go out to clubs anymore. We prefer to do other things; movies, dinner, etc. We stay in most of the time. Weekends we spend in bed. For a while, I thought that was really boring of us, but I've come to realize it's not. I actually enjoy staying in and just spending time with him. Every once in a while we go out, explore the city. We go out with our Laredo girlfriends Lili and Jenny. We hit the straight bars, which make me feel alot more comfortable than gay bars. I feel naked at gay bars. I feel very self concious. I feel like a tiny shy insect in the midst of the rest of the animal kingdom. Guys are out showing off their great bodies, their narrow minds, and their self absorbed personalities. I dont' care much for that. I miss the days of being single sometimes...and only because I could go out and not care what anyone thought of me. I could rebel against society while out with my friends and not give a damn about much...those days I wouldn't want back though. Growing up makes you realize the important things in life (as cheesy as that sounds). I much rather be in love. I much rather have peace in my heart and know that for the rest of my life, someone will love me and cherish me. What do we have if we don't have love? Tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home