Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Austin Weekend!

This past weekend I visited Austin. South by Southwest festivities were being held this weekend where musicians and rock and punk bands from all over were there performing. I traveled with my friend Melissa and my cousin and her friends. Once there, I got to see and hang out with my brother who lives there. I also spent time with my friend Laura, another Laredo native who now resides in Austin. We didn't get to attend any of the shows, but we did party at several clubs and bars. We went to a club called Vicci's, where the ambient and music was so much fun (they even played Gasolina..the white people really love that shit...who knew). The weekend went pretty well. There was a couple of unfortunate mishaps:
1. Laura and I leaving my cousin and her friends at Vicci's to go to a gay bar, then not being able to find them all night. It turns out they had their cell phones inside their SUV, and I had the kyes...oops.
2. Making a fool out of myself by tripping as I walked off the dance floor at Vicci's and falling in front of a crowded club....jeez (I was pretty hammered)
3. Having stupid arguments with my brother throughout the entire trip. I think we annoy each other sometimes...but, I still love him. He's my brother.

I don't know if I'll be able to visit Austin again before I move to D.C. I love Austin. It is such a beautiful weird city. I just wish I could've gotten a bit more rest this weekend. I'll try to post some more pics I took with my digi cam soon. For now, here's a pic of Melissa and Laura and I hanging out at Kerby Lane on Saturday.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home